Contracts + Payment
- No rights are granted to clients until all contracts are signed and payments are complete.
- Your package total is due according to the payment schedule outlined in your contract.
- Sophia reserves the right to terminate service for any clients if any payment is not made by the due date outlined in their contract with no refund.
- HST is due on all products and services. HST is clearly outlined in all invoices.
- Credit card payments are subject to processing fees. Processing fees are clearly outlined when making any payment.
Reshoots, Rescheduling, Refunds + Termination
- Clients will review their contracts for reshoot, rescheduling, refund, and termination terms.
- Refunds will be provided in the same manner that they were made.
Photo Editing, Prints + Digital Files
- All packages include editing consisting of colour correction, cropping, contrast and exposure adjustments at Sophia’s discretion
- Additional alterations can be purchased.
- Sophia is committed to customer satisfaction. In case of a dispute, Sophia may choose to cancel a print order and refund the customer where payment has not yet been made to the photo lab.
- Where payment has already been made to the photo lab, all sales are final, and there will be no refunds.
- Sophia is not responsible for the quality of any printed products created by clients or purchased from any third-party print lab.
- All packages include medium-resolution digital files. Medium-resolution digital files may be watermarked. Clients may not remove watermarks.
- Clients may purchase high-resolution digital files individually or entirely.
Usage Rights + Copyright
- Clients acknowledge that Sophia Lemon is the first and sole owner of all copyrights of photographs she and her associates produce. The photographs and all copyrights remain the exclusive property of Sophia without limitation.
- According to the Canadian Copyright Act, clients who contract with me reserve the right to modify, reproduce, and print all photographs for non-commercial use.
- Clients will not submit photos created by Sophia Lemon for reproduction by any other persons or companies without the express written permission of Sophia.
- Placement of a credit line or copyright notice is required when posting photographs created by Sophia both in print and online. If a credit line or copyright notice is required but not provided, clients will be subject to additional compensation to be invoiced by Sophia and paid to Sophia for the loss of recognition or lack of copyright protection resulting from the lack of, or an improper copyright notice or credit line.
- When clients give permission to another person to view photos, keep in mind that that person is then able to print clients’ photos and, also, to share them with others.
- By uploading photos to any of Sophia’s platforms, you are granting her the right to use those photos as necessary to provide you with the products and services requested and to promote her products.
- Although Sophia will always treat clients’ photos with care, her liability for loss, damage, or failure to deliver photos for any reason is limited to a full refund of any money paid.
- While Sophia will make every reasonable effort to take the photos clients have requested, clients understand that a photo session or event is uncontrollable. Weather, light, and unwilling subjects can at times make it impossible to fulfill your wish list. Therefore Sophia cannot guarantee that all requested photos will be taken and cannot guarantee a minimum number of images.
- Sophia will back up all photographs indefinitely. However, due to technological limitations and errors, Sophia only guarantees clients’ photos will be backed up for 1 year following the session date. After one year Sophia cannot guarantee that she will be able to fulfil additional artwork orders or deliver any digital files.
- Clients will be invited to purchase an annual subscription to keep their online gallery and photos accessible.
- Sophia will not trespass on private property and is bound by Ontario legislation. Clients are responsible for acquiring all permits and necessary permission for all locations where sessions will take place.
- No other photographers are permitted to photograph the clients’ session unless agreed to in writing by Sophia.
Communication + Email Policy
- Clients willingly share their contact information with Sophia for the purpose of organizing and delivering photo sessions. Clients will receive emails from Sophia.
- In some emails sent by Sophia, clients will have the opportunity to opt out of future communications of that kind. Some emails will not offer the ability to opt out as they are direct communications necessary to Sophia’s ability to provide service.
- When you visit Sophia’s website, client portal, and client galleries; send emails, text messages, WhatsApp messages, or make phone calls to Sophia, you are communicating with Sophia electronically. You consent to receive communications from Sophia electronically. Sophia will communicate with you by email, text message, WhatsApp, or phone call as she sees fit. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Changes to these Terms of Service
These Terms of Service will be changed from time to time to adapt to the changing needs of society and the law.
Phone: 1 (705) 532-7668
Studio: 1190 2nd Ave E, Studio 306, Owen Sound
Office: 1 First St, Suite 220, Collingwood